Looking Out For Seniors And Their Interests
As the population ages, more people are finding that they need legal services geared toward their evolving needs. It is important for many people to maintain their independence and protect their dignity. Working with a Minnesota elder law attorney can provide peace of mind to seniors and their families, and can help navigate the often complex laws affecting the older persons.
The elder law attorneys at Gries Lenhardt Allen, P.L.L.P., have more than 50 years of experience working with older clients and their families. Elder law services can touch on a variety of practice areas, covering a wide spectrum of legal needs, including:
- Traditional estate planning, such as wills and trusts
- Advice on beneficiary designations and avoiding probate
- Planning for incapacity via financial powers of attorney and health care directives
- Gifting and protecting family assets
- Planning for the cost of long-term care, including nursing homes
- Eligibility for programs such as Medicaid, including the Elderly Waiver program
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Family care agreements
We Are Strong Advocates For Older Persons
Our elder law attorneys understand that older people face the possibility of future incapacity caused by serious health issues, such as Alzheimer’s Disease. We create customized solutions to help ease the burden caused by a chronic illness, and we are often able to use the Medical Assistance laws to protect assets — especially for a spouse.
Older persons are frequently targeted for financial scams and fraud. In some cases, they can become the victims of financial exploitation, neglect and abuse, putting a lifetime of hard work and savings at risk. Our lawyers are passionate about protecting the rights of older Minnesotans and other vulnerable adults to avoid financial exploitation and to remedy existing exploitation.