Gregory J. VanHeest
- Attorney at Law
Greg has been working with clients in the areas of estate planning, trust administration, probate and business succession planning. He has experience representing a diverse range of people including adults and seniors, married couples and single individuals, traditional and non-traditional families, and of all levels of net worth.
When meeting with clients, Greg aims to put his clients at ease. He listens carefully to his clients identifies each client's goals, issues and concerns. He analyzes each client's unique financial and personal situation and formulates an appropriate plan of action. Greg uses plain English to describe and explain the estate planning options to the client. He then drafts documents customized to the client's unique needs.
Common client goals include protecting minor children, minimizing estate taxes, avoiding probate and planning for the smooth transition of businesses, farms and cabins to the next generation. Outside of his legal career, Greg enjoys tennis, travel, and spending time with his family.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Minnesota, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1983
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1983
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1982
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- LL.M., Master of Laws - 1990
- Major: Taxation
- Hope College
- B.A. - 1978
Honors and Awards
- Named a Minnesota “Super Lawyer”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Bar Association, Member